Drone News, New Amazon Patent, Ebee Tac, DOT’s Look At Drones, Pilot Institute Update
This week in drone news, a new amazon patent seeks to pair unmanned aircraft with unmanned ground vehicles, the new Ebee tactical fixed-wing UAS, U.S. Department of Transportation’s look at drones, and a Pilot Institute update.
00:39 New Amazon Patent
02:11 Ebee Tactical
03:30 DOT Secretary’s look at drones
04:36 Pilot Institute update
Our Other Channels
– PIXL Drone Show: drone-related podcast, posts every Tuesday morning. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeSmbjvE0etKry8Nk2n0CQ
– Pilot Institute Airplane: our airplane channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgBjGoM-yn_3bH8Qr9xkXA
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
– T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
New amazon patent combines unmanned ground robots with package delivery unmanned aircraft.
Both systems are in constant communication and are outfitted with sensors to avoid obstacles and people.
This mimics UPS’s approach of adding a drone into the UPS truck, but Amazon’s idea eliminates the truck driver.
Sensefly has released the new ebee tactical. This new ebee is designed to fly mapping missions BVLOS for military troops.
Can be operated with radio silence. Aircraft also has encrypted C2 functions.
90 minute flight time
Total weight 3.5lbs
NDVI and RGB payloads
U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg got some hands-on with a special drone that could fly more than 100 mph.
Looks like some sort of FPV system based on the goggles.
This was at the Global Air Drone Academy in Baltimore.